Community

• There Is No Shame In Being Trans

June 1, 2023 /

There Is No Shame In Being Trans Click the link above to view the illustration. “Not all trans bodies have to be a certain way. Being able to change and be yourself should never be looked down on. You deserve to be comfortable in your body, starting off your journey of change is up lifting.Don’t Read More

• Blooming in the Face of Adversity

May 31, 2023 /

Hi, my name is Carlos. I am 18 years old and I grew up in Merced, California. In my experience, Merced has been a hard place to grow up. My family life has been filled with struggle because of my parent’s drug addictions and, as a result, from the time I was 4 until I was 13, I moved in and out of foster care.  Read More

• Mother Earth

April 28, 2023 /

Rainy days where the sky sighs at the amazement of one’s beauty. The days where the sun kisses the clouds as it shines down on Mother Earth. The wind flowing through one’s hair as they walk past the trees and take in all that nature gives How could you not love this life and all that it has to give ? Read More

• Mido Vince’s Book Review of Skylar Kergil’s Before I Had the Words on: Being a Transgender Young Adult

April 25, 2023 /

Skylar Kergil’s Before I Had the Words on: Being a Transgender Young Adult was a book that my inner child had their eyes on for some time. At first, it was difficult for me to read simply due to deeply resonating with the author’s narrative. Read More

• MLK Day Weigh In

March 23, 2023 /

In honor of MLK Day, We ‘Ced Youth Media collaborate on a weigh in with their young reporters in answering the following questions: What does MLK represent to you? How do you feel MLK has changed our community? If you were an activist, what would  be your inspirational speech? Read More

• Navigating Polyamorous Relationships

March 20, 2023 /

When I hear people talk about polyamorous relationships, I hear a lot about “rules”. Oftentimes people will discuss the types of rules you should have in a polyamorous relationship, what is and isn’t allowed. In my opinion, this is a simplified way to talk about boundaries. Read More